We appreciate your interest in becoming a substitute for Weatherford ISD. If you have any questions or comments please contact Tammie Byrd, Substitute Teacher Coordinator for additional information.
Substitute qualifications, the application process, and other information is posted below.
Thank you for visiting the substitute information webpage. Substitute qualifications, the application process, and other information is posted below.
- Have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent and
- Must provide two reference letters from current or previous employers on letterhead or company email
- Meet minimum age requirement for teacher certification (18) and
- Meet one of the following qualifications:
- Have a two or four year degree or
- Have at least 30 hours college credit or
- Have volunteered the previous school year (at least 80 hours) in the WISD volunteer program with a recommendation from the principal.
NOTE: All substitutes in the Weatherford Independent School District are required to comply with the fingerprinting requirements of Senate Bill 9. After completing the required Substitute Orientation an individual’s name will be submitted to the State Board of Educator Certification (SBEC) to begin the fingerprinting process. The cost for this process is $50.20 for non-certified substitutes and $52.20 for certified substitutes and is paid by the substitute at the time of fingerprinting.
- When the need for additional substitute becomes necessary, you will be able to complete the online application by clicking on the "Careers" section from the WISD homepage.
- Applications will be kept in the FAST TRACK APPLICATION system and if you are not selected for the current orientation, you will be able to log on to the system and attach your application to the new posting for substitutes.
- Selected applicants will be contacted by the Substitute Coordinator to schedule them into the next available orientation session. Orientation sessions are held in August, November, and February. In the event the district’s substitute pool is adequate to meet the needs of the district an orientation session may be canceled. It is not necessary for an applicant to contact the Human Resources office.
Substitute Pay Rates
Substitute Teachers with bachelor degree:
Full day - $70.00
Half day - $35.00
Long Term Assignment
- $70.00 per day for the first ten consecutive days.
- $90.00 per day beginning on the eleventh (11th) day
Substitutes without bachelor degree:
Full day - $65.00
Half day - $32.50
Substitute Pay Schedule
Pay periods run from the first Friday of each month to the first Friday of the following month. Payday is the 25th of each month unless it falls on a weekend or holiday, and is then issued the Friday before. All paycheck are direct deposit.
Tammie Byrd, Substitute Coordinator
(817-598-2836 or email her by clicking